Our Speciality Lawyers
The Partners of MVM Legal are supported by a first class team of professional and support staff.
Our team is as follows:
Andrew Bautovich was admitted as a solicitor in February 2009. Andrew joined MVM Legal in September 2010. Andrew graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (UQ) in December 2007 and commenced traineeship with a commercial law firm in December 2007. Andrew has experience in commercial transactions and litigations. Andrew assists Robert Dunworth in the commercial and construction area of the practice.
Damian Hegarty holds a Bachelor of Laws (QUT) and a Bachelor of Business (QUT) and was admitted as a Solicitor in 2011. Prior to joining MVM Legal in November 2010 as a graduate solicitor, Damian was a part of the litigation and personal injury teams at a suburban law practice while completing his final years of study. Since commencing with MVM Legal, Damian has worked closely with its Partners and Senior Solicitors in the Insurance and Workplace Health and Safety practises developing a range of experience in providing the following legal services:
- Defence of common law workers’ compensation claims;
- Acceptance or rejection of statutory claims for compensation and the management of those claim;
- Workplace Health and Safety compliance;
- Defence of Workplace Health and Safety prosecutions;
- Independent incident investigations on behalf of clients and providing advice on root cause/s, risk management and exposure;
- Proposing Enforceable Undertakings to Workplace Health and Safety; and
- Comprehensive advices on liability, quantum and evidence.
Samara Rossiter has worked as a solicitor in private practice since 2011. Prior to this, she worked for a large Queensland statutory authority from 2009 as an inhouse lawyer and claims manager. Samara has specalised in the areas of Workers’ Compensation, Public Liability and Property Damage, Motor Vehicle/ CTP and Professional Indemnity. In addition to defendant insurance, Samara has experience in the acceptance and rejection of statutory claims for compensation.
Prior to her admission, Samara gained extensive experience in Plaintiff personal injuries. She worked predominately in dust diseases for over 5 years, managing both statutory and common law claims, across a number of jurisdictions including Australia, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
Our lawyers are complimented by 2 Paralegals that assist predominately in our insurance practice.
- Angela Porter has been a Paralegal for over 10 years and has worked with Jamie McPherson for 7 years. She has worked as a Paralegal at Murphy Schmidt, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, McCullough Robertson, CLS Lawyers and now at MVM Legal.
- Zo Cooper was previously a Senior Secretary at Murphy Schmidt and has over 2 years experience as a Paralegal in personal injury matters.
Behind our Lawyers and Paralegals are a first class administrative team consisting of:
- Janine Attwood-Graham our Office Manager with over 20 years of experience in the legal industry.
- Jessica Will - Secretary to Jamie McPherson
- Kate Harris - Secretary to Robert Parcell and Robert Dunworth
- Wendy van Deurse – Secretary to Julien Fraccaro and Andrew Bautovich.
- Chantelle Trafford – Receptionist
- Tegan Conserdyne – Law Clerk to Damien van Brunschot and Robert Parcell
- Ryan Smith – Law Clerk to Jamie McPherson
- Chloe Moss – Law Clerk
MVM LEGAL PRACTICES IN:
- Workers Compensation & Self Insurance
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Statutory Claim and Q-Comp
- Commercial and Corporate
- Construction and Projects
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Public Liability
- Industrial Relations
- Telephone: 07 3013 2700
- Facsimile: 07 3003 0788
- L7, 231 George St,
- PO Box 74
- Brisbane QLD 4000
- Telephone: 07 4944 1557
- Facsimile: 07 4957 8864
- PO Box 861,
- Mackay QLD 4740